I grew up traveling the world…
…earned a BBA in Marketing, and landed a corporate job in Dallas, TX before marriage lured me to Albuquerque, NM in the early 90s. After growing up with four older brothers and having three sons of my own, I decided to escape my male-dominated world for some ‘girl time’ by reading romance novels. While reading in the New Mexico sunshine on the banks of the Jemez River, I began to dream up love stories that I’d like to write myself some day.
The years passed with me helping to run the family business, volunteering for every field trip and school function imaginable, and incalculable loads of dirty laundry generated by my three active boys. When I survived invasive breast cancer, I decided it was now or never and bought my first laptop so I could start writing down my stories.
Now I spend my days writing steamy romances…
…while tending to a schnauzer named Omer, a tiny toy poodle named Mozart, and a pet boa named Zeus. My stories feature strong, independent heroines and sexy heroes, and my plots are filled with real-life issues, unexpected twists, and hefty doses of humor.
- Shelly has lived in 6 different countries and still travels the world with her husband.
- Shelly loves history and avidly reads and watches anything about WWII and Tudor England.
- Shelly donates a portion of royalties for each book to charity and to help her local community.
- Shelly’s favorite television shows are Black Sails, This is Us, Blue Bloods, The Blacklist Redemption, Game of Thrones, Six, Lethal Weapon, Modern Family, 24 Legacy, The Walking Dead, Turn, Suits, and The Biggest Loser.
- Shelly loves to hike and dreams of hiking the Grand Canyon some day.
- Shelly loves to wear hats!